Saidi Balogun Reacts To Actress Sotayo Gaga's Scam Allegations

Popular actor Saidi Balogun has reacted to the scam allegations made by actress Tayo Sobola, in which she mentioned his name after calling out a certain Idris Bello for fraud. Sotayo had said Saidi introduced Idris to her and he had scammed some of her followers to the tune of N4.7m.

Below is how Saidi chronicled his own side of the story...

"Hello Everyone, 
I want to address the issue attempting to drag my name in the mud of social media. I would have ignored the matter but I realized that keeping quiet would further fuel the misconceptions and put me in a bad light.

Firstly, I wasn't involved in any scam rather, I'm equally a victim. This is not a decision to hate or indict anyone but to clear things up.

A man named IDRIS BELLO came to me a few weeks ago and introduced a Hajj trip package. I wasn't interested initially until he showed me a copy of my colleague IBRAHEEM CHATTA'S advert which he has been doing for his company. I was convinced knowing how well Chatta is very versed on religion and Islamic matters, so I decided to give it a shot but I didn't record any Visual and radio jingle for him except my picture that he used on his flyers.

A few days later, he pleaded with tears in his eyes that I should get some of my junior colleagues in the industry to buy into the traveling packages, he further explained that he had invested 20million naira already on the project and he was running into a huge loss.

His story seemed convincing, so I decided to encourage him by introducing MUSTAPHA SHOLAGBADE (versed in Islam)and SHOTAYO SHOGBOLA to his package.
During his birthday at Oriental hotels, VI, where he proposed to his fiancee in the presence of my self ,Lateef Oladimeji, Ibraheem Chatta, Shotayo, Mustapha, the gathering gave me a total conviction that the man is up to the task. I felt that if he could bring us all under one roof in one day, he might be able to pull bigger jobs. I guess I was wrong. I decided to run an advert for his package which he paid like 0.5% of the deal we earlier agreed on and complained there was little or no turnout, I believed him and took further steps.

Before I knew it, he had collected money from these people, he equally collected two hundred thousand naira from me when he claimed he had problem asides two other people which he promised to give free trip from Ibadan. Approximately, he took over four hundred thousand naira (N400k) even after he had promised them a free trip.''

Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This