Muslim Cleric Promises To Turn Woman's N350,000 to N5m; Collects Her Money & Escapes

The Maroko Police Division in the Lekki area of Lagos has arrested a self-acclaimed Alfa, Alhaji Ibrahim Ahamido, for allegedly defrauding a trader, Sarah Moses.

It was learnt that Ahamido collected N350,000 from Sarah, promising to boost her business by turning the money to N5m.

He was, however, alleged to have fled with the money, after giving his girlfriend, Hawa Musa, N100,000 to “renew their love”.

A source explained that the victim had been introduced to Ahamido sometime in December, 2015, in a restaurant in Lekki. He was said to have boasted of having special powers that could make him multiply money after prayers.

The source said, “The woman initially did not believe. So, he promised to help her bring out her child, who at the time was arrested by the police for an offence he committed.

He prepared some concoction for her, and just like that, the woman’s son was released. That immediately convinced her and she trusted him.”

She was said to have asked him for help concerning her business, which was not doing well. The cleric (Alfa) reportedly asked her to give him N350,000 so he could turn it to N5m.

Sarah said she believed him, and gave him the money.

She said, “I told him I would be travelling to Ghana in December 2015, and I would return in January 2016. He gave me something to put under my pillow. He said when I return from my trip, I should check the pillow and the N5m would be there.

“When I returned, I checked under the pillow, but I did not see any money. I called him to inform him, and he said it was my fault because I did not come back on time. He said the money came out from the container he gave me, but when I did not pack it on time, it went back.

“He asked me to pay another N9,000 so that he could make another charm to repair the damage. It was after I gave him the money and he disappeared that I knew I was dealing with a fraudster.”

She said she reported the case to the police, and after a manhunt, Ahamido was arrested.

The 47-year-old Alfa, however, said he did not mean to dupe the trader, adding that he tried to multiply the money, but failed due to her mistake.

While denying taking up to N350,000 from his victim, he told the police that he gave N100,000 to his girlfriend.

“I did not collect up to N350,000 from her, and she even gave me the money piecemeal. The total is N150,000. I will refund the money since her blood was not compatible with the prayers,” he said.

His girlfriend, Hawa, denied collecting N100,000 from him.

She said, “I came to Lagos about 15 years ago. It was about three months ago that Alhaji came to me and said he wanted to date me. Three days later, he bought a wrapper for me. I did not know where he got it from. When he continued buying me more wrappers, I suspected something was wrong and I started keeping them so that if a police case arose, I would be able to defend myself. He bought me only four wrappers. He never gave me any N100, 000.”

The police, however, arraigned the duo before an Igbosere Magistrate’s Court on two counts of obtaining under false pretences.

While Ahamido pleaded guilty to the charge, his girlfriend, Hawa, said she was not guilty and elected summary trial.

The magistrate, Mrs. J.O.A. Adepoju, admitted her to bail in the sum of N100, 000 with two sureties in like sum.

The case was adjourned to March 2 for facts and sentence of Hawa.

Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

Comments

  1. Lol. Greed from both the woman and the cleric.

    dec.16th@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't like granting this bill issues as ling as we can't jail criminals crime will not stop in this country, why did we have judges in this country I remember Wen lagos police cry out that the criminals they arrested and charge to court before one month u will see them in the street what is wrong with this Nigeria judiciary?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wonder how people get brainwashed to any extent of stupidity. Any way he played a fast one on her

    ReplyDelete
  4. It always takes two to tangle, if there is a dupe then there us a greedy! The woman got what she deserved but that those not mean the cleric should let go of the hook of the law.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The woman was greedy her self.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmmmmm! Na wa oo! The tin wey moni dey cause enhn. If no be oju kokoro sef; she get #350,000, she wan multiply am to #5m, just like dat. Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Unbelievable story why somepple are wicked.u must face your evil plan.nenyekutes@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Police should do the needful

    ReplyDelete
  9. And she fall for it, poverty mentality

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is greedy that leads some people into doubling their money through evil means.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's a dubious act and they claim to be holy do as if they are the cleanest...MTCHEEW..#WICKEDSOULS

    ReplyDelete
  12. The woman was in hurry to become rich & the cleric found a dummy for a ride, at this jet age, somebody promised to double your money & you believed him, if he can do that, he would have been in control of our economy. Two of them are supposed to be jailed, the woman is an accomplice to the fraudster, while the cleric himself committed trick by false pretence. The girlfriend to the cleric is free because she only got a gift from the cleric.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Orisirisi... Badoo lomo na... 350 TO 5m jst like dt, people like money oo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Na d woman's greed cause am, she dey expect moni wey she no work 4..inumidun

    ReplyDelete
  15. That women is a stupid woman. Na so money dey easy to get for this hard time?

    ReplyDelete
  16. choi! see bail. Money don complete already na! Hope u will learn ur lessons now.

    olutoscene1@gmail.com

    #Olu,can you see?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Alfa scamming people since the days of Prophet Mohammed

    ReplyDelete
  18. Greed is what's it's callled

    ReplyDelete
  19. The more you look, but the less you see.

    ReplyDelete
  20. So people still fall for this fake stories

    ReplyDelete
  21. lol... someone told you that he can turn 350k to #5M, and you believed him?...lmao

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments clean always. Thank you!