Amaechi Speaks: I Am Just Laughing At Nyesom Wike

Former Rivers State governor, Romiti Amaechi, has said that his successor, Nyesom Wike, is very corrupt. He spoke in Port Harcourt on Saturday while addressing loyalists of his party, the APC.

Amaechi said he was in the Rivers State capital to quietly attend a church program and will leave same day, adding that he had clear documents pointing at the alleged corruption acts of the governor.
“I have been listening while in Abuja to Nyesom Wike accusing me of corruption and I laugh. Even Nyesom Wike knows that I don’t like money, he knows that”, he stated.

Amaechi vowed never to appear before the Justice George Omereji Commission of Inquiry investigating sale of some assets of the state by his government, insisting that the establishment of the commission did not comply with constitutional provisions.

The former governor said he will appear before any properly constituted commission in the state.

“The pressure Wike is putting on us is to let somebody call us together to a meeting to withdraw our case challenging his election from court. The party has a right to go to court. The law of Nigeria says there is no independent candidate. Even if I, Amaechi, Peterside withdraw, APC will carry on with the case.

“The funny thing about the young man is that he knows I know him. I was his governor, I have documents to show that he is a contractor. I am not a thief; so I don’t know what this young man is talking about.”

The former governor said he had had only one local bank account since he became governor.

Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This