You may hate Shia Muslims. But there is no reason why a Nigerian youth like me and you who has a family, has plans, goals and ideals, school to go to and mouths to feed, should be locked up and denied his constitutional rights of council, bail and family visitation and freedom. Is this how we wish to make converts of them assuming we dislike them due to their "weird" faith?
Is this how our own God taught us to behave?
In the court appearance recently the army initiated what has been called dangerous trumped-up charges on them. The army said they had deadly weapons. When asked to produce this, the army allegedly said the weapons are in Lagos. Everything is not ok. The army is ready to destroy these Nigerians forever to save its face. If it was a confrontation then why is the army not in jail too pending resolution? Is one citizen more special than another?
Everything is not OK. Buratai and Buhari are dancing. This does not bother them. The majority Sunnite sect north dislikes these large minority. Buhari is traveling around, not even thinking of these people. He is getting his health check-up. He is thinking about headache, indigestion; little things. Do you know what it is like to be locked up in jail for a day, a week, two months? We know the rights of citizens. Everyone is eligible for bail in 2 days. Then you prepare for your case in court. Innocent till proven guilty.
In the court appearance recently the army initiated what has been called dangerous trumped-up charges on them. The army said they had deadly weapons. When asked to produce this, the army allegedly said the weapons are in Lagos. Everything is not ok. The army is ready to destroy these Nigerians forever to save its face. If it was a confrontation then why is the army not in jail too pending resolution? Is one citizen more special than another?
Everything is not OK. Buratai and Buhari are dancing. This does not bother them. The majority Sunnite sect north dislikes these large minority. Buhari is traveling around, not even thinking of these people. He is getting his health check-up. He is thinking about headache, indigestion; little things. Do you know what it is like to be locked up in jail for a day, a week, two months? We know the rights of citizens. Everyone is eligible for bail in 2 days. Then you prepare for your case in court. Innocent till proven guilty.
Where is our humanity? What if we were walking on Sokoto road and got caught in the web by accident; we ran into Husainiyyah complex to seek refuge when we heard the initial gunshots from the army killing the stick and stone wielding protesters. Is this how we will like to be forgotten, unable to return to school, to our families and friends, to our lives of something and times of freedom for nothing as we choose?
Everything is not OK, Nigeria. I do not know what to do. I am thinking of protesting as a one man protest, I want to shout, I want to write to the ICC, Obama, UN, I do not know what to do. I know I have to do something because it may be me tomorrow and even if not, I feel like I am the one in there and everything is not OK at all. People in there voted for Buhari. People in there have not even cried with their families over lost ones; some left little children alone in the outside world. i do not give a damn about Saudi. I don't give a rat behind about Iran.
Everything is not OK, Nigeria. I do not know what to do. I am thinking of protesting as a one man protest, I want to shout, I want to write to the ICC, Obama, UN, I do not know what to do. I know I have to do something because it may be me tomorrow and even if not, I feel like I am the one in there and everything is not OK at all. People in there voted for Buhari. People in there have not even cried with their families over lost ones; some left little children alone in the outside world. i do not give a damn about Saudi. I don't give a rat behind about Iran.
This is about Nigerians. this is about our people. This is about human beings who deserve justice. Who simply deserve their rights under the stipulations of the law. They have been held illegally for two months. In any other country they will be compensated and people will go down for this. This is not change. This is evil. It is this neglect and evil we did in the past that made God curse us with Boko Haram. Are we not tired of God's wrath? Do you think God likes this? Do you "fanatic" see this as us giving them punishment on God's behalf? So we are now God? Did God not say that He could have made us all one faith and that He will decide between us on our faiths and who is right and who is wrong?
I have seen mass graves. People cannot even find and bury their dead. Is this who we are? Nigeria, think oh and decide what you can do because everything is not OK and God will ask us.
Dr. Peregrino Brimah
I have seen mass graves. People cannot even find and bury their dead. Is this who we are? Nigeria, think oh and decide what you can do because everything is not OK and God will ask us.
Dr. Peregrino Brimah
@EveryNigerian








well aspect that things is not okey but when u look at it u will see that it is only God can make it right in Nigeria.nenyekutes@gmail.com
ReplyDeleteLetz tell it to God #aburo_olufamous
DeleteThat's what happen to someone or group of people who break the law
ReplyDeleteGod bless you Femi Rex. Those supporting Shia, Boko Haram or IPOB are not humane at think of the powers of the law.
DeleteMay God Almighty in his infinite mercy have mercy on us. May he stay on the side of the innocent.
ReplyDeleteI second you
ReplyDeleteTrue talk indeed. Things are really not ok
ReplyDeleteMay God help us in Nigeria.
ReplyDeleteGod help nigera
ReplyDeleteGod help nigeria
ReplyDeleteOluFemous, in some of the issues you raised, you are very right, but in the case of Shia. The Govt is not expected to handle it with kids glove. The Boko Haram is killing and burning somewhere, while Shia is trying spring-out; if there got soft landing, we don't know what might have happened and if the IPOB agitators were also kept in detention, why not Shia? Let us not support those that are generating crises in this country.
ReplyDeleteThis is quite unfair! When this issue came up, we all condemned their actions. So, one would have thought by now, the issue ought to have been settled. So, am appealing to all the human rights organization, to please, use every means at their disposal to push for the release of these people. God help us!
ReplyDeleteMay God help us
ReplyDeleteMay God help us
ReplyDeleteMay God continue to keep this nation together
ReplyDeleteLord have mercy!
ReplyDeleteThe more you look, the less you see. Obviously things are not ok in the nation but out of numerous issues we have as a nation, I will pin point six of them viz ; selfishness, lack of fear of God, unpatriotic, impatience, self afflicted problems & too know. For instance, we are to embark on a journey from Lagos to Ibadan & entitle to just an hour, we engaged a driver to take us through the journey, the driver spent 20minuntes to get to Shagamu from Lagos, we complained of his slow driving, with annoyance we asked him to return to Lagos, he spent another 20 minutes back to Lagos, altogether he has spent 40 minutes, now we give the vehicle to a driver that we believe he’s an expert ( remember we are left with just 20 minutes) do we expect him to cover those kilometres between Lagos to Ibadan under 20 minutes ? We should be mindful of unnecessary speed that can kills . The man at the helms of affair is trying to right all the wrongs in this country, we need to be patience.
ReplyDeleteIt's not about religion, it's about going against the laws of the land which you guys did. Religion once again has nothing to do with this.
ReplyDeletedec.16th@yahoo.com
I really don't know why the concerned authorities are handling this matter this way. Nigeria cannot afford to have another group that will torment us like boko haram
ReplyDeleteOnly God can help.
ReplyDeleteNigeria is currently undergoing a healing period except we expect someone with a magic wand, patience is key here!
ReplyDeleteGod help our country
ReplyDeleteThe Shiite or whatever should allow peace. If all groups and religion act like them we will be in crises
ReplyDeleteBarry
Hmmmmm... #EveryNigerianDoSomething
ReplyDeleteolutoscene1@gmail.com
#Olu,can you see?
God's intervention is needed.
ReplyDeleteWell, when you decide to take the law by your hand that is what you get, what are they protesting for?
ReplyDeleteLotta issues 2 iron out in ds country, all tinz so nt right..inumidun
ReplyDeleteGovt shd av mercy on dem, dey don trt dia fuk up enof.. But ds Sunni and Shite guyz go dey gree, evn in Naija here also in d middle east
ReplyDelete