My Female Friend Confused Me and Almost Took My Husband

I have one or two things to say about married women who keep friends. I have been married for three years. I am the kind of lady that keeps a lot of friends and usually love them around me because my husband is not always around.

My husband often frowned at it when he calls and knows they are around. But I always enjoy their company so I usually ignore him.

I was naïve at first and told my friends what my hubby thought of them and they often treated him with disdain. I didn’t like it, but I let it go.

It didn’t take long before I was gradually introduced into clubbing, hanging out with ladies and completely forgot I was married...

The ladies were also married. They made me to perceive marriage as a bondage and a manipulative tool men often employed in controlling women. This new lifestyle turned me into a completely different person and I started having extra-marital affairs. I got addicted to having s*x with other guys.

My husband got to know I have started staying out late nights and tried talking and fixing things so many times but all to no avail as I was already enjoying this fake lifestyle.

He called on my family; after sincere bashing, I realized I was stupid and had wronged him all these while (though it took a long time for me to agree. Thanks, my elder sister helped me know better).

Sadly, after the whole dust had settled, my husband revealed that my so-called friends had been making series of advances to him, with proof of my infidelity and all that. One of them in particular was ready to travel to Abuja to be with him. He showed me her text messages, emails (he particularly asked her to also communicate through mails because he knows he has the intention of using it as evidence later on).

This was a real eye-opener, a real life lesson that taught me many ladies are not what they seemed. I have little or no complains because I lived carelessly and threw my home into disarray (ignorantly).

A piece of advice to newly-weds. Foundation of the marriage really matters, when you are married, act like you are married and learn from my mistakes. 

Keep unmarried friends and wayward married ladies away from your marriage. That is the right thing!

- A married lady who's trying to save her marriage.

Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This