Yes, I Agreed To Marry My Girlfriend But It Was A Mistake

Love and its drama. The guy is not ready for marriage but his girl got words out of him with alcohol:
In the last few months, my girlfriend of two years has had marriage on her brain. We went to her best friend’s wedding recently and I had such a good time I came home drunk. 
She must have rattled on about us getting married as usual and I must have said yes, because a few days later, my mum, who’d been at my back that she wanted grand children, dropped by grinning from ear to ear. She said it was about time I made an honest woman of my girl and that we shouldn’t worry about the wedding reception. She’d foot the bill. 
The thing is, I don’t really want to get married yet. How do I get out of this trap?
That is Mr Sonny's message to Bunmi of Vanguard. Below is her response to him...

Dear Sonny,
The morning after you drunkenly agreed to get married, you should have told your girl outright you didn’t feel ready for such a major commitment. You need to let her understand that as soon as you can [you guys will get married]. She won’t be happy, but hopefully she’ll forgive you if you reassure her that you love her and only want to be with her. As for your own mum, better to be honest with her too than get married only to find out you’ve made a huge mistake.
Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This